Saturday, November 17, 2012

My Daddy Owns the Cattle on a Thousand Hills...

My Daddy Owns the cattle on a thousand hills.  If you know God as your Heavenly Father, then your Daddy does too.


"I have no need of a bull from your stall or of goats from your pens, 
for every animal of the forest is mine, 
and the cattle on a thousand hills.

I know every bird in the mountains, 
and the creatures of the field are mine.  
If I were hungry I would not tell you, 
for the world is mine, and all that is in it.  
Do I eat the flesh of bulls or drink the blood of goats?  

Sacrifice thank offerings to God, 
fulfill your vows to the Most High, 
and call upon Me in the day of trouble; 

I will deliver you, and you will honor Me."
Psalm 50:9-15


This is not the usual scripture that is brought to mind during the Thanksgiving season, but perhaps it should be.  You see, God owns it all!  He has no need for you to "give" anything to Him, but He requires that you honor Him when He gives to you.  

Yes, it is true that God owns it all!  There is no such thing as a self-made man - that man would not even be in existence if it were not for his Creator.  God owns it all and He gives and takes as He pleases.  

My husband likes to hear me say, "My Daddy owns the cattle on a thousand hills and He can slaughter them and put them on my table any time He wants to!"  God has been so very gracious to us.  I like to think it's because I'm His favorite, but that's not really true.  It's because He loves me with an everlasting love.  He loves you like that too.

Times have been rough lately.  The economy is the worst I have ever seen, although they tell me it's not as bad as it was during the Great Depression.  My grandparents (and most of yours) lived through that time period in our history.  Maybe even some of you lived through it.  But God blessed then.  He brought His children closer to Himself through their suffering.  

And He blesses now.  He brings others closer to Himself through my suffering, through your suffering.  People watch my faith walk and they stand in awe of the Lord I give the glory to for bringing me through the hard times.

I have stood by and watched as He has filled my cabinets, my refrigerator and my freezers through the kindness of others.  He has put a roof over my head, and clothes on my back through the kindness of others.  He has provided cars for us when ours broke down; and provided a way for our car to be fixed - and it didn't cost me a dime.  He's provided it all through Children of His that were obedient when He spoke to them and said, "Do this, give that."  Most people would say that it came to me out of the blue, or that I was the luckiest person on earth - but I am here to testify that it all came from none other than my Abba, Father - my Heavenly Daddy.  His children did not know of my need until He told them.  And they shared with me and my family out of their abundance, and also out of their sacrifice.  Why?  Because Abba, Father told them to.  

When I did not know where the next food on the table would come from, He did.   When I did not know where my family would lay their heads at night, He did.  When I did not know where gifts for under the Christmas tree would come from, He did.  When I felt like I could not go one more day without rest, He provided time off and a vacation spot.  He has ALWAYS provided.  He has provided what we need, and what we desire.  He knows the brand of cereal we like, and the brand of toilet paper we prefer.  (No wonder I think I am His favorite!)  He has provided for us so abundantly that we have been able to share with others!

So, yes, I will stand on those thousand hills where my Daddy's cattle graze, and I will shout to all the land how awesome my Abba, Father is!  I will honor Him and glorify Him with every breath I take.  I will praise His name forever and ever!       


1 comment:

  1. Amen to this!

    I just got caught up reading the fan club ones too. Great analogy and so true.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Please add your comments and insights...