Friday, November 9, 2012

Is God Calling You to Wake Up?!


Are the election results of 2012 calling you, O Christian, to wake up?  Are they calling you to pay attention?    Have you been slumbering in life?  Do you need to open your eyes?  Do you need to slow down and listen; I mean, really listen?  Pay attention!  Now is not the time to give up all hope!  Now is not the time to throw in the towel!  God is calling you, Christian, to return to Him.  He is building his great army because he is coming to get his children.  The election results were just one more nail in that proverbial coffin.  Will you answer His call?  We are one step closer than we were before. 

Are you the teenager who has fallen asleep watching a movie or reading a book and startled awake to what you think is your parent calling your name?  Are you going to go back to sleep or answer your parent’s call?   Which is easier?  Is what is easier the right thing to do?  Is the parent getting louder, more insistent?   (I can talk about teenagers because I have two of them and I used to be one.)

Are you the cardiac care unit patient that needs to wake from a drug-induced coma?  Is someone calling your name?  What does he want you to do?  Does he expect you to immediately get up and walk?  Could you?  Or have you forgotten how?

Are you the rehab patient who has been retrained in how to walk after a terrible accident?  Or are you still needing the training and even though you want to walk now, you know it is going to take time and lots of hard work?  Are you willing to do the work?  Can you?  Do you have any loved ones who can help you through?  (Think: Aaron and Hur holding up Moses arms during the battle when he was too tired to do it himself in Exodus 17:8-16.)  Do you have four friends who would literally open a rooftop to lower you down into a house where the Greatest Physician that ever walked the face of this earth can be found?  (Think:  Jesus healed the paralytic lowered through the roof in Luke 5:17-26.)

All you need is Jesus! Wake up to the sound of Him calling your name!  He is calling you, O Christian!  Will you wake up?  


 "And do this, understanding the present time.  
The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed.  
The night is nearly over; the day is almost here.  
So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and
put on the armor of light.  
Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in orgies and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, 
not in dissension and jealousy.  
Rather, clothe yourselves with 
the Lord Jesus Christ
and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature."  Romans 13:11-14


Give Me Jesus by Jeremy Camp

In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise

In the morning, when I rise


Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus, 
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.

When I am alone,
When I am alone, 
When I am alone,
Give me Jesus.

Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus, 
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.

When I come to die,
When I come to die,
When I come to die,
Give me Jesus.

Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus, 
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.

Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus, 
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
You can have all this world, 
You can have all this world, 
Just give me Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments and insights...